La Scuola International School
2017/18 Director of Development - San Francisco
|Active since||15-03-2017||Job category||Charity / Fundraising|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||Permanent contract|
|Hours||30 - 40||Salary||-|
La Scuola is currently seeking an experienced Director of Development for the 2017-18 school year and beyond. We are an IB accredited school in San Francisco, California, and currently building a K-8 Italian immersion program.
The Director of Development, under the direct supervision of the Head of School, will be charged with institutional advancement, including planning and managing all fundraising activities, as well as alumni relations, external communications, and volunteer supervision and support. He/She will Work with the Head of School, the Board of Trustees Development Committee, the Director of Admissions, key volunteers and others to identify prospective donors, nurture relationships and secure contributions to the School.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- To devise and manage a program designed to attract the maximum gift support possible to the institution. This program will include annual fund solicitation, planned giving programs, corporate and foundation proposals, planning for major capital gifts
- To develop a complete program of research into and an action plan of solicitation of the school's key prospects
- Direct the school’s major fundraisers: Annual Fund and Fun Night Gala
- Provide direction and oversight to the Development Committee
- Manage the school’s capital giving program including future Capital Campaign planning and execution and major donor identification, solicitation and stewardship
- Manage alumni program development and implementation
- Manage all other restricted and in-kind giving and acknowledgment
- Manage e-script accounts and other fundraising programs
- Write grant proposals
- Work with the Business Manager and Finance Committee on budget development and strategic financial planning
- Create policies and procedures to guide the activities of the Development program
- Participate in public relations, marketing and advertising decisions, developing materials for School publications and other communications including twice yearly school magazine
- Contribute to the overall life and community of the School wherever and whenever appropriate by working with children, families, faculty and the Board of Trustees
- Actively engage with the Italian American Community of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head of school
Required qualifications and skills:
- 3 years' of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above;
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Ability to envision ambitious goals and to develop and articulate strategies to achieve them, and to motivate stakeholders to accomplish them;
- Skill at identifying major donors (inside and outside the school), developing meaningful relationships with them, matching their interests with the School’s institutional needs, and securing their contributions;
- Knowledge of new technologies and how they can support a sophisticated development effort;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual and biliterate in Italian and English with native or near-native Italian proficiency preferred;
- Problem solving, excellent multitasking and strong follow-through skills;
- Operate a computer and related software including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Google email;
- Ability to be flexible and patient;
- Ability to work well in a child-centric environment;
- Ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box;
- Ability to work independently;
- Prior experience in a school or nonprofit a plus;
- Maintain confidentiality with discretion;
- Character, personality, and proper social capability to relate effectively with racially and ethnically diverse staff, students, and community. Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of community groups and organizations.
- Ability to work well in a team and in a very collegial and collaborative environment;
- Commitment to equity, inclusion and a diverse community;
- Willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the La Scuola community and an advocate for our values and mission;
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment;
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in United States. In addition, the final candidate will need to pass Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance, a physical exam, and provide recent copy of a negative TB test and other immunization records.
Pay will be depend on qualifications and experience. Position receives full benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. The school also offers life insurance, long-term disability insurance, commuter benefits and retirement benefits with employer matching. La Scuola offers great Professional Development opportunities as well. Other fringe benefits include sick leave, PTO, paid holidays and warm lunch.
To be considered for the position, please send a letter of intent, a resume and a minimum of 3 references.
Charity / Fundraising
|Industry / Industries||
Education / Training
|Keywords||school, fundraising, education, development|