La Scuola International School
2017/18 Preschool Assistant Teacher - San Francisco
|Active since||23-01-2017||Job category||Education / Coaching / Trainers|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||Permanent contract|
|Hours||35 - 40||Salary||DOE|
We are an IB accredited school, currently building a K-8 Italian immersion program. We are particularly interested in teachers with some knowledge in the Reggio Emilia approach and IB PYP (IB Primary Years Program).
Applicants should be strong team players and be very proactive and flexible. Final candidates need to be prepared for a teaching demonstration (or a video if they are overseas).
This position will begin July 2017 and will report to the Early Childhood Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, or Child Development Certificate, or 2+ years experience working with children preferred;
- Experience working with young children;
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Italian and English preferred;
- Attendance of Early Childhood Education classes preferred;
- Assistant teachers will be required to complete a Child Development Certification during the first year of employment (some financial support will be provided).
Required Skills and Pre-requisites
- Knowledge of Reggio Emilia approach preferred;
- Some familiarity with IB-PYP Curriculum framework or inquiry/project based approach preferred;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Nurturing personality, creativity, excellent multitasking skills;
- Enjoy working with children, including ones with mild learning differences;
- Ability to work well in a team and in a very collegial and collaborative environment;
- Willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the La Scuola community;
- Commitment to equity, inclusion and a diverse community;
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
La Scuola may be able to offer a teachers exchange visa for 3 years, for teachers with a BA in Education / Pedagogy / teaching credentials in their country of origin AND a MINIMUM of two years of teaching experience in a primary/elementary school.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in United States.
In addition, the final candidate will need to pass Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance, a physical exam, provide recent copy of a negative TB test, and other immunizations records.
Pay will be depend on qualifications and experience.
Position receives excellent benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage. The school also offers group life insurance, retirement, long-term disability insurance and commuter benefits. Other fringe benefits include PTO, paid holidays, warm lunch, and outstanding professional development.
To be considered for the position, please send a letter of intent, a resume and a minimum of 3 references.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training.
Education / Coaching / Trainers
|Industry / Industries||
Education / Training
|Keywords||preschool, prek, teacher, assistant teacher, school, IB, international baccalaureate, reggio|